Pura Vida Warranty
Rest Easy with Our Pura Vida Warranty
At Smith-Sterling, we embody the spirit of Costa Rica that urges its people to do what’s right, to have a caring heart and to be positive about life. Our Pura Vida Warranty serves as an extension of our national spirit. Our Pura Vida Warranty ensures that your appliance or restoration will be made according to your specifications or we’ll remake or adjust it until it satisfies your need, at no cost to you.
LIMITED WARRANTY/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Smith-Sterling Dental Laboratories (“the lab”) warrants that all dental devices (a “device”) are made according to your specification and approval in the belief that the device will be useful and MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Subject to the return of a device that is placed and then fails, the lab will repair or replace the device without charge for the cost of materials and workmanship or refund the original price paid, at the lab’s option, as follows:
- Screw-retained implant abutments up to 20 years (including replacement of a device that was made by the lab that was attached to said abutments and including a Hahn™ Tapered titanium dental implant upon request at no extra charge).
- Porcelain to metal; ceramic to metal; all ceramic; all metal; single-unit inlay, onlay and crown composite resin final prosthetics; screw-retained crowns and bridges; and milled implant bars, up to 7 years.
- Composite resin bridges (excluding Maryland and inlay/onlay bridges) up to 5 years
- Thermoformed appliances and splints if the failure is due to defects in materials or workmanship, provisionals, composite resin Maryland bridges and composite resin inlay/onlay bridges, up to 6 months
- All other dental devices up to 30 days if the failure is due to defects in materials or workmanship.
This Warranty is exclusively for your benefit, is not transferable and does not extend to any patients. You agree to pay all other costs of adjustment, repair and replacement of a device. Except where prohibited by law, the lab WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF A DEVICE, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, regardless of the theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability and if such disclaimer is not permitted by law, the duration of any implied warranty is limited to 90 days from the date of delivery. In the event of a dispute and absent an amicable resolution the parties mutually agree to waive class actions in favor of mandatory individual arbitration of claims under this limited warranty in and in accordance with the laws of Florida. The lab does not guarantee the performance of independent carriers.[Revised Form 13-Nov-2018]
Quality Commitment and Policies
We strive to empower patient-centered dental professionals like you to offer high-quality care that helps your practice achieve all of its goals.
At Smith-Sterling Dental Laboratories, we take pride in every case. All of our restorations and dental devices are manufactured from FDA-registered materials. Clinicians can rest easy knowing that cases sent to Smith-Sterling will be fabricated with the latest laboratory technologies, which ensure accurate fits, precise margins and patient-pleasing esthetics.
There is no charge for one inbound and one outbound shipment per case.
ADDITIONAL OVERNIGHT SHIPMENTS:
- Die trims
- Reshades to a new shade
- Price applicable to contiguous U.S. only. Shipping charge varies for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.