Obsidian Fused to Metal®
- Over four times stronger than Ceramco®3 PFM ceramic
- Ideal for bridges with insufficient vertical space for full-contour zirconia
- Suite for cosmetic cases where crowns must cover dark preparations
Obsidian® Fused to Metal restorations are state-of-the-art ceramo-metal restorations for today’s clinician. Obsidian lithium silicate is over four times stronger and two times more chip resistant than conventional layering ceramics. By pressing lithium silicate ceramic, rather than traditional porcelain, to metal the finished crowns and bridges achieve far greater strength than conventional PFMs. These natural-looking, chip resistant restorations are ideal for covering dark preps or endodontic posts when occlusal reduction or vertical dimension is limited.
- White Noble
- White High Noble
ANTERIOR FULL-COVERAGE CROWNS
Chamfer or shoulder margins preferred. Labial and lingual walls must be convergent. Preparation should be cut in three planes. 1.5 mm of reduction required; 2 mm ideal.
POSTERIOR FULL-COVERAGE CROWNS
Chamfer or shoulder margins preferred. Buccal and lingual walls must be convergent. Preparation should be cut in three planes. 1.5 mm of reduction required; 2 mm ideal.
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX™ or RelyX Unicem, 3M ESPE)
- Maxcem Elite™ (Kerr)
- Panavia® F 2.0 (Kuraray) – ideal for short, tapered preparations
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)